Roof Wind Damage – Repair or Replace?
Here at WT Anderson we care about our neighbors. In the aftermath of the recent nor’easter a huge number of roofs in our Hampton Roads communities have been damaged by the high winds and/or falling limbs. We are helping as many of our neighbors as we can, but unfortunately we can only fit in a certain number of repair jobs, and are giving priority to those with the most serious damage. We would be happy to talk with you about all your roofing needs, so please don’t hesitate to call us.
What to do if your roof is damaged
1. Take a look at all sides of your roof to figure out the extent of the damage.
- How many shingles appear to be missing?
- especially look at the edge and corners these areas are often most susceptible to wind damage.
- Look for missing, lifted, broken or creased tabs (how extensive does this damage seem to be? What percentage of the roof is affected)
- Take note of any exposed wood or roofing paper (sometimes called roofing felt or tarpaper).
- Take pictures of the damage if possible.
This information will help when you talk to us and with your insurance.
2. Contact your insurance agent to assess the situation and determine whether you should file a claim.
3. If you just need minor repairs then you are probably going to need to find a handyman to do these. If you need extensive repairs or a roof replacement then contact a reputable licensed local roofing contractor like WT Anderson.
A reputable contractor will be able to help you with your insurance claim they will be knowledgeable about what is covered, what isn’t covered, and how to keep you from spending more than your deductible out-of-pocket.
Thank you for selecting W.T. ANDERSON as your contractor!